Authenticate with Twitter
In order to run Twitter feeds on your site you have to create a Twitter application. It is necessary to generate Twitter API Keys, Access Token and secret keys.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com and log in, if necessary.
- Enter your Application Name e.g. “Flow Flow”, Description and your website address. You can leave the callback URL empty.
- Accept the agreement and submit the form by clicking the Create your Twitter Application.
Hint: You can view your Twitter applications or create new one anytime on Twitter Application Management.
Get your auth keys
- On your newly created Twitter application page go to the tab Keys and Access Tokens.
- Under the Application Settings find and copy your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret).
- Open Flow Flow settings page in WordPress Admin and paste both keys in corresponding fields.
The last thing is to create your Access Token for OAuth.
- Under the Your Access Token click Create my access token.
- Copy generated Access Token and Access Token Secret and paste to Flow Flow WP settings page.
Don’t forget to save changes in WordPress Admin. Now you have all required keys and ready to add Twitter feeds in Flow Flow.