Influencer marketing and user-generated content have become essential terms in the modern world of business and advertisement. Just in five years, an influential type of marketing has grown from a joke to one of the basic strategic trends.
Influencer marketing differs from a traditional one with another focus on its target audience. When traditional marketing tries to analyze all people to distinguish the potential target audience for each business, influencer marketing does not bother with tons of data. Influential marketing targets only special individuals who are able to spread any type of advertisement and make it successful.
User-generated content plays a key role in influencer marketing. Basically, everything created by influencers belongs to this type of content.
We have gathered the most interesting stats about influencer marketing in 2021 for you to better understand the modern trends and follow them successfully.
Key Stats of Influencer Marketing for 2021
- 90% of survey results show the effectiveness of influencer marketing.
- 75% of modern brands will dedicate their budget to influencer marketing.
- $13.8 billion is the expected growth of influencer marketing share in 2021
- 56% of brands use the same influencers for different marketing campaigns and products.
- 67% of modern brands use Instagram as the main platform for influencer marketing.
- 45% of brands use TikTok for their influential marketing, and the share continuously grows.
- 43% of brands use Facebook for their influential strategies (3% less than the previous year).
- 36% of brands use YouTube for their influential strategies (just like the previous year).
- 15% of brands use Twitter for their influential strategies (7% drop from the previous year).
- 16% of brands use LinkedIn for their influential strategies (stays still from the previous year).
- 8% of brands started to use Twitch for their influential strategies (no previous data recorded).
- 67% of business owners prefer influencer marketing to be campaign-oriented rather than a permanent advertisement.
- Micro-influencers have a pretty good engagement rate of 3.86% on average.
- Mega-influencers have nearly two times worse engagement rates of 1.21% on average.
- 80% of brands reported the increase in content production for 2020.
- Only a half (50.7%) of brands that use influencer marketing have their online stores.
- $5.2 is made from $1 investment to influencer marketing on average.
- 63% of marketers are planning to increase their influencers` budget in 2021.
- $16.5 billion makes the top YouTuber (Daniel Middleton) in a year.
- 54% of influencers will prefer to work with a brand that respects them rather than with the one that pays more.
- 77% of micro-influencers in the category of fashion prefer Instagram as their main channel.
- 40% of Twitter users confess a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet influencer.
- 13-24 aged users are twice as likely to evaluate an influencer than any older audiences.
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would prefer advice from their favorite creators over TV or movie celebrities.
- 91% of millennials trust online reviews as much as they trust their friends and family.
- 50% of consumers tend to take some action after reading a positive review.
- 45% of North Americans use Ad Blockers, which reduces the influence of the traditional online advertisement nearly at the half.
- 84% of companies plan to work with a social media celebrity in the next year.
- 3.725 billion active social media users are registered globally.
- 3.660 billion active mobile social media users are registered worldwide.
- 75% of all online users have purchased a product or service online within a month.
- 83% of people who earn over $75,000 use YouTube, and 74% of this category use Facebook.
- More than 1 billion monthly active users belong to Instagram.
- YouTube has 2 billion users worldwide.
- How-tos, tutorials, and hacks have become the most popular types of video content watched on YouTube in the past year.
- LinkedIn has about 90 million senior-level influencers.
- 89% of respondents show that ROI from influencer marketing is comparable to or better than other marketing channels.
- Higher Education is the sector with the highest engagement within Instagram.
- 17% of marketers plan to spend over half of their budget on influencer marketing.
How to Use the Power of Influencer Marketing for Your Brand
Do you want to use all these stunning numbers for the sake of your brand? There is a simple way to get the benefits of influencer marketing without special knowledge in web development and design. This opportunity is called the Flow-Flow Social Streaming plugin.
With the power of Flow-Flow, you can create any kind of social media wall you want or need. Using 12 social networks and 46 types of social feeds, you will be able to create a social stream for any purpose. There is an opportunity to stream not only your own content but any other user-generated content from public accounts by hashtag or geo ID.
Moreover, you will get full control over your social wall by means of the pre-moderation feature of Flow-Flow. It means that any post will appear on your social stream only after you accept it in one click. This feature is especially important for user-generated-based social streams.
You can also evaluate the main features of Flow-Flow for free within its demo version. Keep in mind that many features, layouts, and customization opportunities are unavailable within the free demo mode.
The power of influencer marketing can hardly be overestimated nowadays. The stats are speaking for themselves. However, influencer marketing is not the easiest thing to implement for your business. Try Flow-Flow to enhance your marketing strategy with tailored social walls and increase the engagement of your audience!