Just a quick update on upcoming release of new version and its features and important information about Facebook platform changes and what they mean for Flow-Flow.
First, we want to inform you that we changed our approach to feature releases and now we rather do many small updates than one big major update. This way we can make many features available earlier for you. So, here’s what on our roadmap currently:
- New layout “Wall” that looks like classic posts feed or list. Can be responsive to container size or have fixed width/height.
- New lightbox feature: posts feed with infinite scroll. This recognizable social media pattern will raise your visitors engagement and in combination with other design options opens multiple interesting ways to present your content.
- New layout “Carousel”. Highly-demanded layout that will allow you to add social stream as page section rather than creating separate page
- Admin tour for new plugin users
- Support tab in admin page
- Many optimizations and polyfills
First two features are almost ready to be released and rest will follow them later this year. For further future we have plans to add analytics feature, e-commerce integration and new live editor. We will release detailed blog posts in future.
Now, important info about Facebook integrations.
To be prepared for future possible changes we’ve already submitted our Facebook app for review and are now awaiting for review results. In case Facebook restrictions come into force and If our submission is approved you will be able to use method #1 to stream pages that you administer and we implement support for multiple Page tokens that you can manually add in admin. In other case you can use our plugin as it is now.